Tuesday, May 20, 2014

question & answer

I lifted this one from Just Expressive. I haven't done a meme in forever, but it seems like a fun way to get some words on the screen.

1. What is your favorite type of cheese? Gouda, for sure.

2. What are you excited about? Our trip to Memphis at the end of the month.

3. How did you celebrate your last birthday? I went out to dinner with friends and then we came back to my place to eat carrot cake and play dominoes.

4. What’s on your bedside table? Miscellaneous notebooks, books, bottles of forgotten lotion, a too-big lamp, basic nightstand junk.

5. What do you order from the movie concession stand? Usually nothing, because movies are expensive! Get off my lawn! But I like to get salty popcorn to share with MB and Twizzlers.

6. Do you have a garden? What’s growing? I do! I am trying to reclaim it after a year of baby-related neglect. I have it mostly cleaned up and have planted a cherry tomato, a slicer tomato (Big Boy, maybe?), a zucchini, a habanero, a jalapeƱo, a red hot cherry pepper, a serrano, and two sweet banana peppers. I also have a respectable strawberry patch that I started two summers ago, two small but growing blueberry bushes, and a healthy-looking tangle of blackberry vines.

7. Any summer plans? We will run four weeks of summer camp at work, so it's not really a relaxation season for me. Plus it's too hot to do much of anything. I hope to have some fun with the kids, but when I think of vacationy stuff I think of the camping trips I'm hoping to take in the fall. Nico will be doing a week of half-day nature camp at work with me, half-day big truck camp and construction camp at the YMCA (which had better live up to my expectations after last year's crappy no-warning cancellation), and Kindermusik once a week for five weeks.

8. Which TV couple(s) are you rooting for? The only shows I'm watching that are actually currently on TV are Deadliest Catch, (previously) Project Runway, and Cosmos. We have a really crappy cable package, so we basically get local channels, Discovery, and a bunch of crap. We watch PR and Cosmos online. So...uh...pick your favorite, I guess.

9. What’s the last thing you bought? Other than food, I bought Nico a T-shirt at the zoo yesterday after I realized halfway through his and Elliott's romp through the splash fountains that we'd taken the bin of spare kid clothes out of the car when we went camping and never put it back in. Mea culpa, son! So he went home in the spare underpants from the diaper bag and a cute new zoo shirt.

10. What’s one thing you are passionate about? I have been really fired up about my work lately, and I feel like I'm doing a really good job right now. Hopefully that'll continue.

11. What are you grateful for this week? My amazing little boys. They are truly a gift and I am thankful for them every single day.

1 comment:

  1. Fun, fun. I decided to play along: http://inblueink.blogspot.com/2014/05/eleven-questions.html
    :-)

    ReplyDelete