Monday, November 28, 2005

Decking the Halls and Stuffing the Bird


To deter repeated episodes of this:


My husband devised this:



It has worked pretty well so far. **knocks frantically on wood tabletop** Living with an engineer ain't half bad.


Here are some highlights of the Thanksgiving experience:

>>Had dinner with my family on Thursday night. Got to spend time with my mom and dad, which was nice. Unfortunately, my sister spent the holiday with her boyfriend's family, so I didn't see her. Saw my cousin, her husband, and their two little girls for the first time in awhile.

>>Opened at work on Black Friday and didn't get completely trounced.

>>Spent Friday night through early Sunday morning with the in-laws, who I really like (weird, huh?). This involved:
>>>fabulous pancakes made by my husband's mamaw
>>>a trip to an outlet mall in which I actually convinced said spouse to buy two pairs of desperately-needed new jeans (total cost: $21.20. SWEET.)
>>>probably one of the best Thanksgiving dinners ever made
>>>a loudmouthed and absolutely freakin' hilarious marathon game of Bullshit with my husband, his brother, their two aunts and two uncles, and one of their cousins. I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long, long time.


Trying to be proactive

I sent in a résumé and application today for an honest-to-God grownup job that I'm vastly, laughably underqualified for, and I'm trying not to think about it anymore. :P


File this under "but he looked so cute and fluffy":

Why it's a bad idea to be 'huggy-kissy' with llamas

No comments:

Post a Comment