Monday, March 13, 2006

A post worth 10,000 words, or so they'd have you believe.


It's possible that I may have been conned, that this really is just a cheap ass garden glove repackaged as a "cat grooming glove" and sold to suckers like me for $4.00 a pair. But you know what? The cat likes them, and he's a lean (sort of), mean shedding machine, so I'm not sure I care. The cat who can stand about three passes with a brush before he goes berserk and starts gnawing on the handle actually digs these bad boys:




I rocked the thrift store circuit this past Thursday with my mom and sister. They are the best thrift store shoppers ever, and apparently I share some of their talents. I scored these sweet Keds for only a dollar!




This very cool book about coelacanths was also a dollar, in the used book corner of the public library:




I spent a large portion of the evening cleaning out our closet. See? See how nice it looks?





We've only lived here for a year and a half. Seriously, though, this is pretty good for me. I'm a horrible packrat, and cling to the (probably delusional) notion that all I need to solve my clutter problem is as many shelf systems and Sterilite bins as I can get my hands on without going broke. I'm having trouble convincing my more practical husband of this argument. I feel like I did a pretty decent job with the closet. Just look at this pile o' crap I pulled out to get rid of:



Jeans, anyone?



Speaking of el gato...

I was looking at this picture of him the other day, and realized he must have been smaller when we first adopted him.



Still quite large, but not as large as he is currently. He was 18 months old when he came to live with us, and I'd assumed full-grown, but he just looks so much younger compared to now:



There are no pictures of a younger me to share, but here's a photo of my bear, who I've had since I was about four years old:



My mom made him for me, because she's just that cool. My sister has one that is a mirror image of mine...light where he's dark and dark where he's light. Also, this is the turtle that MB gave me when we'd been going out for four months.


Two living fossils in one entry...cool, huh?



squirrel-like rodent found


One more link...

Ancient Cypriots used biofuel.



Reading: The Gallery of Regrettable Food by James Lileks.

Playing: August and Everything After by Counting Crows

No comments:

Post a Comment