Monday, March 27, 2006

What happens when broke people watch too much HGTV:




Or at least when this broke person does.



What's that about a road?

I had all kinds of good intentions when I sat down, all kinds of plans for the interesting things I was going to write about...but alas. Now that it's time to actually write something, I'm not coming up with much.


Uh...I got this book for a dollar in the library's used book corner today:



I adore Laurie Notaro.



What happens when I insist on blogging instead of just going to bed:

>>I managed to leave both my purse and lunch bag of gargantuan-ness at work today.

>>When I got home from my once-weekly night shift at the record store, I could see the cat's head and ears silhouetted against the kitchen curtains as he watched me get out of the car. For some reason, it struck me as almost unbearably adorable :)

>>We went to see V for Vendetta on Saturday night with my mom. I rather liked it. In fact, I really liked it, and wouldn't mind seeing it again. It was definitely a movie requiring a bit of forgiveness of the absurd, but then again, it's based on a graphic novel, so it doesn't need to be as firmly rooted in "real life" as most films.

>>My dad and I are going to go see The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada tomorrow night. Dare I hope for two really good movies in the span of a week?



Reading: Abhorsen, the final book following Sabriel and Lirael; The Blue Girl, by Charles de Lint.

Playing: The Greatest, by Cat Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment