Sunday, September 24, 2006

This is either madness or brilliance.


Really. I'm thinking of doing NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writing Month. A project where participants try to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. Dividing it out, that's about 1700 words per day, which I thought sounded scary until I checked and found out that the 2 and a half pages I wrote tonight (single spaced) is a little over 1500 words. It took two to three hours to do it, though, and since I work one night and have class one night each week, I'd actually only have 22 nights to work on it, which means I'd have to write 2300 words each time. Hmmm... Still possibly not insurmountable, but I'm wondering what MB would say if I told him I'm going to need the computer every night that I'm home during the entire month of November. I do not predict it would go over well.

More hmmm...maybe I could borrow my old computer back from my sister, since she uses her spiffy laptop at school. Or, I could try to borrow one of the laptops available for loan through the program, though I think it would be cheating to do so since I technically have a computer at my disposal. I'll have to think on it some, I guess.

I don't know why I'm even thinking of doing this, seeing as I still haven't come up with a topic for my first paper for my night class, which is due on October 10th.

I should talk about something else...um...


>>>Look! Over there! Animal slideshows!


>>>And an astrology article about Pluto that made me laugh with this:

"Pluto, discovered in 1930, was named for the Roman god of the underworld and is considered by most Western astrologers to be the ruler of Scorpio. However, a worldwide body of astronomers recently decided that Pluto is no longer a planet.

So the Lord of the Underworld has been demoted. Who's going to tell him? That task would fall to Jupiter, King of the Gods. The conversation might go something like this:

Jupiter: Pluto, we're tired of all this heavy stuff. Take it somewhere else. You're fired.

Pluto: That's a good one! What are you going to do, send me to hell?"




>>And some Weird Al videos, thanks to basscomm.


Ummm...that's all I've got. Sorry. I'm going back to freaking out about 2300 words per day.




Reading: Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko. I'm only 70 pages in, but I really dig it so far.

Playing: Book of Secrets by Loreena McKennitt

No comments:

Post a Comment