Friday, April 06, 2007

Putting the O back in OCD


Apparently there's a new meme going around, so I semi-stole it from my long-lost sister from another mister, Megs. The subject is five things I'm currently obsessing over.

1. Begin to Hope by Regina Spektor

I checked this CD out from the library a week or so ago, and I figured I'd be sick of it by now, but au contraire...I just love it more every time I listen to it.

"On The Radio"

This is how it works
You're young until you're not
You love until you don't
You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry
You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe
Until their dying breath

No, this is how it works
You peer inside yourself
You take the things you like
And try to love the things you took
And then you take that love you made
And stick it into some
Someone else's heart
Pumping someone else's blood
And walking arm in arm
You hope it don't get harmed
But even if it does
You'll just do it all again






2. What Would Tyler Durden Do?

I'm a sucker for celebrity gossip anyway, so I'm loving this.



3. Lily Watch 2007

As some of you know, the fabulous Miss M is going to have a baby any day now, perhaps even any hour now. I am waiting with bated breath for news of Lily's arrival. Edited to add: she's on her way...maybe even here by now! Squee!



4. America's Next Top Model

I know, I know...but it's really good this season, other than Renee continuing to be a rancid bitch all the time. I love the recaps on FourFour and Television Without Pity almost as much as I love the show.



5. San Francisco

I was going to save this for a big cheesy announcement, but this seems like an appropriate entry in which to discuss it. I'm going to San Francisco for a four-day work-related conference in May, and I CANNOT FREAKIN' WAIT. I have never been to California, and the conference itself is going to kick complete ass. Once it's over, I get to spend five whole days with my darling friend KWJ, the Untamed Shrew, in Santa Clara. It's really hard to focus on work projects while daydreaming about all the cool touristy stuff the Untamed Shrew and I are going to rock while I'm out there.




The boys watching TV.
I can guarantee that MB is presently obsessing over his just-ordered brand-new laptop, which should arrive anytime between next Thursday and the 23rd. Kitters, as always, is obsessing over his plan for world domination.


1 comment:

  1. Bravo is possibly the best/worst chanel in history. I love how they do the marathon shows at night so you can watch an entire season of Top Model in one insomniatic evening. I admit, I haven't watched much of this season but bitchiness never seems to go out of style - I'm sure this season doesn't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete