Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hello, everyone! I'm in California until May 30, but MB has kindly agreed to upload some pre-prepared posts for me while I'm away. I promise I'll read any comments you leave me when I get back, so please don't be shy!

Hope you like!   xoxo ~velocibadgergirl



Book Meme: 123.5


1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.

5. Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.



Since I was at the computer desk, I had MB pick a book at random from the shelf in the living room.

He picked Lirael by Garth Nix.

Page 123, sentence 5 is:  "They didn't," replied the Dog happily.



If you want to play along, grab a book and either post your line here in the comments, or post it on your page and leave me a link! :)

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:14 PM

    Come back now please!

    My book was Midnight in the garden of good and evil by John Berendt (haven't read it yet, waiting to find some time!)

    "It's how I make my living."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My book is Web Database Applications with PHP and MySQL, and my sentence is:

    "The variable $b is a clone or copy of $a, and so modifying $b does not affect $a."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:47 PM

    My book is Dare, Truth, or Promise by Paula Boock. Weirdly enough, I opened it to page 123 the first time. The fifth sentence is this:

    "Na."

    Meanbunni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used this one for my blog on Sunday. Thank you for the material! :)

    Miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, the nearest book is the phone book, which doesn't have sentences, and it might be bad form to randomly print someone's number. after that there's a 2006 tax instruction book, which is a tad short of pages.

    my book is the jungle by upton sinclair, and my sentence is:

    "He had the brightest little black eyes, and little black ringlets all over his head; he was the living image of his father, everybody said - and Jurgis found this a fascinating circumstance."

    ReplyDelete