Thursday, May 10, 2007

This is my alibi.


I spent the day putting together supplies for a forensic science workshop that we're running at work on Saturday. One of the activities the kids get to do involves spraying a solution on imitation "blood evidence" to produce a chemiluminescent glow, just like TV cops (and real cops, though not as often) do with Luminol. In order to facilitate this, I cut six bandanas into fourths and then carefully splattered faux blood across each piece, while the macabre sounds of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds played in the background.

So if I disappear and you hear about an office in the Midwest being shut down by a crack crime scene team, please tell the police that the blood on the carpet is fake.



Incidentally:  "Chemiluminescence takes place in numerous living organisms, the American firefly being a widely studied case of bioluminescence.

The firefly reaction has the highest known quantum efficiency, QC of 88%, for chemiluminescence reactions."







2 comments:

  1. wait, does it say something bad about me that intead of thinking of fake blood i would have just managed to bleed on something? nothing major, just picked a scab off and wiped it on things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. G-Home...you know that saying..

    "You had me at hello"

    "You had me at Forensic Science workshop."

    I heart you many many times.

    ReplyDelete