Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Internet, How Do I Love Thee?


Because I'm feeling completely brain-fried from a once-placid month turning into such a monster that it looks like a red pen exploded all over my calendar, I am going to forego any kind of actual content tonight and just post a list of online things that have really, really amused me lately:


1.  Ars Technica visits the Creation Museum

If you missed it, there's now a Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky. My favorite bit of the review is a caption on a photo of some dinosaurs wandering past a seated mannequin of Eve:  "Notice how the vegetarian velociraptors ignore Eve."

Pure comedic gold (the Creation Museum and the review, for different reasons).

Another article, "Educators Criticize Creation Museum." (Uh...you think?)



2.  An article and photo gallery featuring "Freakishly Large Animals"



3.  
"The men fought bravely, but the truth remained:
if you want to kill a swarm of locusts, you'd better have nunchucks."



4.  The journal of a woman who wore the same brown dress every day for a year. I'm both intrigued and slightly horrified.



5.  Passive Agressive Notes.com



6.  Nessie caught on tape? Maybe I'm a softie, but I always kind of wanted Nessie to be real. This video doesn't do much to convince me, but it's still kind of fun.



7.  The photo quality's pretty awful, but these are books designed for you to record your pets' "firsts". Like parents have for babies. Only these are for dogs. And cats. If I did one for Mr. Kitters, it would need pages like "First time my cat conned me into giving him dinner after my husband had already fed him" and "First time my cat tried to gnaw my arm off because he was pissy about something."



8.  Speaking of Mr. Kitters, I have to include this, even though I didn't find it and it didn't come from the internet:


The bibliophile showed it to me at Barnes & Noble tonight, and I had to buy it. Mr. Pusskins could be Mr. Kitters's brother.



Reading:  Human Wildlife:  the life that lives on us


Playing:  a twangy country mix on the computer

3 comments:

  1. Ok Passiveagressivenotes.com

    HOLY MOLY!

    That's funny stuff.

    I love that kitty..what a face only a Mother could love huh?

    I'm glad you're back from your trip safe and sound.

    Sorry I've been MIA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of Mr. Pusskin's sad face still gets to me. It is the stuff of legend and/or country music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the links -- it's just what I need, more Internet time-wasters!

    ReplyDelete