Monday, June 18, 2007

It's just a flesh wound!


Things are somewhat improved in the casa de velocibadger today. Kitters is still on strict probation and stays in the spare room with his accoutrements whenever anyone other than MB or me is here. So far he has not had another meltdown. *frantically knocks on wood*

I went to the doctor this morning and got a shot in the bum and a prescription for antibiotic pills the size of my eyeball, so that's loads of fun. The doctor also measured the injury, so I can now inform you without a doubt that it is 4 centimeters long. Four centimeters! That's 40 millimeters!

Since I would totally want to see it if it was someone else's flesh wound, I took a picture of my gory leg for you guys, but I'll post it as a click-through so that you don't have to see it if you don't want to:  Click here for blood. It's not all that bad, it's just kind of oozy. The picture was taken yesterday, so that's 12 hours at least after the initial mauling. It didn't properly scab over until late today, which is sort of creepy.

Here's another creepy thing:  feline saliva is so full of The Nasty that getting a good solid cat bite is basically like getting a bacterial injection. One article I found said that most birds who die after being bitten by a cat die from an infection, not from their physical injuries. No wonder my leg still hurts. Bacterial Lollapalooza going on in there. (All joking aside, cat bites can be really bad news, so if you get one like mine, please go see your doctor.)


In other, non-bloody news:

I went to see Tool in concert last night with the apathetic one, and it was pretty kickass. There were times when, like Mickey from In the Night Kitchen, I was in the music and the music was in me.




I also signed up for bloglines feeds for all the blogs I read (I totally copycatted Alyndabear) and you guys, it is the shiznit. Instead of clicking through my entire blogroll, refreshing and hoping for new posts, I can just sign into my bloglines page and it'll tell me exactly when one of my favorite blogs is updated. Now I can blog-stalk everyone in near-real-time! Woo! Also, for all of my lazy blog friends, you won't be able to reap hits off of me anymore as I refresh your page five times a day, mournfully hoping for a new entry, so you'll actually have to post now to get my clicks in your stats! Muahahaha! ;)


This was actually a really good day for me in the blogworld, because not only did I win a prize over at Radioactive Jam, I apparently made the super-cool-blogger Ice Cream Mama nearly pee herself with my entry in Mrs. Squirrel's weekly What the J? contest. Winning a radioactive monkey prize and nearly making a really cool blogger laugh her butt off in one day? My work here is done.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:02 AM

    Oh dear that *IS* a nasty looking bite... and I thought pet saliva was cleaner than ours or something? Perhaps I made that up, it's possible.

    Am so glad that Bloglines is working for you. I love it love it love it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess it's just dogs who have such clean mouths. or maybe you'd need one of those butt shots of antibiotics if you were ever mauled by a person, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:57 AM

    You wouldn't think that dogs have clean mouthes considering what they put in them sometimes, but apparently they do.

    So sorry about Mr. Kitters freaky behavior. We had a cat like that when I was growing up. She bit my mom so bad once she needed stitches. (But my mother was petting another cat outside the door at the time, so perhaps this infedility sparked the rage)Hope all continues to be peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Bloglines, but sometimes it sucks when it comes to reporting new posts. Usually it's pretty quick but sometimes a LOT of time passes between blogs publishing newness and Bloglines showing same, anywhere from several hours to more than a day.

    Trust no one!

    Okay maybe that's a little strong. But still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. huh, I didn't know that about bloglines.. I'll have to pay more attention. But yeah, generally, bloglines is grrrrrrrrrrreat. Yeah, cat's moutns are dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you just click my blog a lot anyway? Good stats make me feel interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adding "Good stats make me feel interesting" to my list of awesome subtitles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:27 AM

    Your comment made us laugh, too. Glad you won something & had a great blogging day. Sorry about the bite...bajesus! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch!

    My bladder and I really loved your Jojo caption!

    ReplyDelete