Friday, July 27, 2007

Learning Curve


At 11:15, I sat down to work on a new fiction piece I've been neglecting. By 12:45, I had put away the clean dishes, sliced the fresh fruit that I'd been ignoring all week, sorted and started the laundry, fed the cat, and cleaned out the cereal cabinet. The only thing I didn't do was add any new words to the story.

Then it suddenly dawned on me that I hadn't taken my pills this morning. I've been taking some form of Ritalin or another since age 12 for my ADHD. Fourteen years seems like long enough for me to question my medication status first, instead of last, on days when my concentration is absolute shit. Ha! Think again, ADD girl!

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen The Simpsons Movie yet? There's one scene with a view inside Homer's head; I think it nicely describes "brain with ADD."

    Works for mine, anyway.
    :)

    ReplyDelete