Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Woe! And Woohoo!


On Monday afternoon, my computer spontaneously shut itself off. When I turned it back on, it started to emit a really alarming hot-wire type of smell. Figuring it might've been related to cat hair and / or dust, MB opened the box and we cleaned it out, then moved the tower to the top of the desk and reattached all the wires.

For a while, it seemed fine, but by the time my crew left around 11-ish that night, the computer was playing dead again.

BoMB came by yesterday to look at it, and sad words were spoken. Words like "motherboard" and "fire hazard."

Then, much better words were spoken by MB. Words like "laptop" and "wireless router" and "in the budget."

So anywhere between now and when we get back from vacation on the 20th, I will become the proud owner of my very own shiny silver Inspiron.

Unfortunately, posts may be a little thin on the ground around here until the new toy arrives. I'm going to try to keep up using MB's laptop, but I'm not supposed to save any pictures to his hard drive, so I'll be somewhat limited in what I can do. That's okay, though, because pretty soon I'll be able to blog from anywhere in the apartment. Hot damn.



Reading:  Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch

Playing:  mix CDs

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:57 AM

    Mmmmmm, new technological shiny. I am desperately coveting a brand new Macbook, so here's hoping my motherboard becomes a fire hazard too. (But only after I've backed everything up.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo I do hope you will write up a little review of the inspiron because I'm currently using that as motivation to get through fall classes (read: drooling and daydreaming of buying one)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a girl can never have enough shiny things, i say. have fun on vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:52 PM

    Eee new computer! Bummer about the old one, but the shiny should make up for it! ;)

    Have a good vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want a new laptop. is one for me in your budget, too? i'll happily give you a big grey paperweight in exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesson learned. All you gotta do to score yourself a shiny new laptop is set your current computer on fire. Easy as that.

    ReplyDelete