Friday, October 19, 2007

An auspicious day


Today, my little sister turns 21. I can hardly believe it, really. Because she's an awesome and brilliant math major, I made her this cake:



Today is also my two-year blogiversary! Woo! Sorry, blog...no cake for you.



And, because SSFB suggested that Fridays need more lolKitters action, I made this for her:





I also need to make a formal apology to all my blog friends for my continued ignoring of my blogroll. I promise as soon as I finish the three giant brainsucking projects that I'm in charge of for work, I'll open my Google reader again and try to catch up. I miss you all! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. holy crap, does that function actually solve out to be 21? I find myself wondering "where's the equals sign" , but its been so long so i've done functions, maybe I've forgotten that you don't actually need an = to solve it... or maybe you just totally made it up... I dunno.. just wondering... that's really cool though... very indicative of why I think you guys are cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that math stuff makes my head hurt. i'll take your word for it.

    happy birthday to the blog and the sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as the party that people come to for all their math needs, i can assure you that if you take the second derivative (as the f'' out front tells you to) that you will indeed get 21.

    i hope she enjoyed the cake, and the rest of her birthday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am formally putting in my request for you to run away with me. I love that cake. And you for making that cake. Run away with me, and we'll do math, bake cakes, and go bargain hunting at thrift stores. It'll be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not too fond of math, Heather Feather, but I'll make you a deal...if you won't make me do math, I'll totally join you for the rest, and I'll make the cake vegan next time. I make a mean vegan cake. <3

    ReplyDelete