Saturday, January 19, 2008

Always trust your instincts


MB went to bed about half an hour ago, and when BoMB (who's staying the night) and I got up and went our separate ways for the evening, I realized I hadn't seen Kitters in a while. Worried that maybe he'd snuck into the spare room to lie in wait and ambush BoMB, I wandered around the apartment looking for him. No Kitters. I got his squawky Mr. Octopus toy and walked around shaking it. No Kitters. At this point, I knew something was not stirring the Kool Aid. I looked in all his usual secret hideouts--behind the curtains, behind the couch, in our closet, even in the bathtub. No Kitters. Our apartment is big, but it's not that big. Beginning to worry in earnest, I got out the big guns and jingled one of his wand toys. No Kitters.

Suddenly it occurred to me that MB had been sitting on the couch with the recliner kicked out. I went over and opened it, and Kitters immediately came strolling out, apparently unfazed even though he'd nearly spent an entire night stuck in the space behind the sofa recliner.

Let this be a lesson to you, fellow cat owners. Always trust your instincts...because sometimes your pet will not be clever enough to meow for a rescue.

3 comments:

  1. Ha, now he's probably got a new favorite hiding space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lololololol! aw.. kitters.. i love you lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Mr. Kitters.

    I think he was just waiting to see how long it took you to find him.

    ReplyDelete