Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Bright Side


The good thing about living in a ridiculously drafty apartment when it's 17 degrees Fahrenheit outside:  it makes even non-lap-loving cats feel snuggly.


That's about the only good thing, but I'll take it.

We spent a typically low-key New Year's Eve at home on the couch together. MB worked on computer projects and I read The Amber Spyglass and we both zonked out at a quarter till twelve, only to wake up to my phone ringing as my wonderful, sweet dad called to wish us a happy new year. New Year's Day dawned ASS COLD, so we stayed in for most of it, trying to avoid the wind blowing in through the gap between the panes of the sliding door and watching season 2 of Buffy. It was somewhat calm, quiet, and unassuming, but so is our life for the most part, so in the end it seemed like a perfect way to wrap up a damn good year. And now, 2008 is stretching out before us, full of promise, with some sort of scary but also really exciting things on the horizon. Sweet.



6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:41 PM

    I realize from your posts about Kitters that it could be dangerous, but seeing that sleepy cat would compell me to reach out and pet the fluffy belly! I sometimes can't resist doing it to my little fluffheads especially if my hands are cold. I am mean like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i gotta say that there is an upside to having a non-working furnace blower and a portable radiator that while fabulous is not designed to heat 1200 square feet. i don't have to regularly break the heart of 6.5 pounds of living space heater by putting him off my lap before it bursts into flames.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw kitters is so cute! I love it when my cats sleep like big bird with their paw over their face. Too cute to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitters makes me warm just lookin' at him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:21 PM

    I iz on ur belly
    Flashing mah teats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROFL, queen! Cats gone wild!

    ReplyDelete