Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Eggs, Blog Style



Baby Incognito's due date is fast approaching, and the gang is getting ready for Teacher Incognito's baby shower next Saturday. It was fun shopping for a shower gift, and I also began to realize that it's going to be pretty hard to be an aunty on a budget. My instinct is to buy armloads of adorable miniature outfits, but my wallet says otherwise.


The cats my family had while I was growing up loved to be brushed, but Kitters has never liked it. I'm trying to teach him that brushing must be tolerated, since the tumbleweeds of hair he sheds are a lot more obvious on wood floors than they were on beige carpet. So far, he only puts up with brushing when I go against the grain and brush all his fur backwards. Weirdo.


I found this bizarro game at Walmart (of all places) and had to buy it. It's "PC nonviolent war." Instead of hearts, spades, diamonds, and clubs, the suits are Peace, Love, Unity, and Diversity. The lowest ranking card in the deck is the Joker, armed with various weapons. I'm all for peace, love, and understanding, but this game strikes me as sort of hilariously over the top.


Our new table was delivered today, and it looks lovely in the dining room. No more undersized dinette for us! It has a butterfly leaf that expands it to seat eight.


Perfect for chilly early Spring nights.


We are hoping to adopt a dog very soon, but until we get the credit card paid down a little, we will continue to wait, not quite patiently.


Spring may finally be in the air.

2 comments:

  1. love your dining set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dog, you say?
    Come shop Casa Snee, where you can choose from TWO friendly, cat-approved canines. FREE!!

    ReplyDelete