Wednesday, March 26, 2008

You can dress up like a sultan in your onion head hat


Brain full, must dump data:

Lo, the job, it does rock

This week at work, we had an activity session for kids which rocked pretty hard. We let the kids build their own version of the wicked cool airbag arrays that allowed the Mars Exploration Rovers to bounce safely to a stop on Mars.



We gave each kid a raw egg, up to ten balloons, and access to plastic shopping bags (prime parachute material), string, and masking tape, and let them go to town. Then, best of all, we took them out and let them drop their Mars-egg crafts off of the second-story roof. Sweeeeet. Naturally, the kids had a blast and so did I. I mean, come on...how often are kids told to throw an egg off of a rooftop? That's rad.


Things my husband does not understand

My love for this commercial:



(I don't fully understand it either, I just accept it.)

Why this Dooce post made me laugh until I had tears running down my face. (Seriously? That first animal photo nearly killed me dead.)

My undying affection for lolcats. (Psst!! Pretty please go vote for Kitters in the Jones Soda lolcontest :D )

crazy, funny pix
Enter the Make Ur Lolcat Famous Contest


This may have been a bad plan

Late last week, the zipper on my cooler-style lunchbox bit the dust in a very definitive fashion. It happened as I was packing my lunch, so I didn't exactly have time to run out to Target for a replacement. No problem, though. Victoria's Secret shopping bags make perfect lunch bags (the second-smallest size, not the single-serving size), so I dug one out and have been using it since. As I was walking to my car tonight, it occurred to me that this might not have been the most fortunate choice of lunch receptacle. In fact, it's highly possible that when my coworkers see my stripey pink lunch bag, they think:



when they should be thinking:



I firmly believe underwear is a personal choice, and I don't judge, but when it comes to my own cheeks, believe me when I say that I am not a fan of scanty panties. Unless something NC-17 is impending, the gear had better cover the rear. I guess it would probably be somewhat inappropriate to staple a receipt for cute but highly decent and not at all skimpy bikini underwear to the outside of my lunchbag.





Reading:  The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

Playing:  Stadium Arcadium by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Cake reference title!! Now I have Cake in my head and they will not get out....not a bad thing, I guess, but not exactly appropriate-to-sing-at-work fare either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lunch box. I think you could market it and make a mint

    ReplyDelete
  3. i noticed today that we have metal lunchboxes in summer camp at work. i think i might get one but i'm not sure if i should get skull and crossbones or monkey faces.

    ReplyDelete