Saturday, April 05, 2008

You. Yes, you.


Alison, the oft-linked of late and fabulous, gave me a You Make My Day award recently (which, obviously, made my day). I do feel bad about the aspirated toast, though. ;)



The rules:

1. Write a post with links to five blogs that make your day.
2. Acknowledge the post of the person who gave you the award.
3. Display the “You Make My Day Award” logo.
4. Tell the award winners that they have won by commenting on their blogs or emailing them the news.

I wanted to really give this some thought, so it's taken me a few days to collect five posts.

(1)  Black Sheeped for this gorgeous post about thunderstorms.

(2)  My homie J Dogg for taking her accidentally unshaven self to a job interview.

(3)  The hilarious Chick, who I'm proud to call my friend in real life, for sharing her son Boy Child's thoughts on bears.

(4)  Gerbil, another real-life friend and one of the best yarn-spinners I know--both literally and figuratively--for sharing the story of her stepdad and the groundhog.

(5)  And finally, Jonniker. She writes about washing her underpants and hairy-pitted yoga instructors, once accidentally cleaned her garage in a thong in plain sight of the neighbors (no, really) and her musical tastes are even more eclectic than mine (she caught my eye by quoting the Decemberists, Johnny Cash, and Rusted Root within 20 posts).


Ladies, you make my day. Thanks for being you!


Reading:  Free for All:  Oddballs, Geeks, and Gangsters in the Public Library by Don Borchert

Playing:  Pressure Chief by Cake

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I've been tagged for a couple of things lately, its very startling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, oh, that's me!!! awesoje... but now that means i have to pick five other ppl right? damnit. jk :)

    ReplyDelete