Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Things to make you say Buh?


The other day I was driving down the street and a guy pulled up in the next lane over in a beat-down midsized pickup. The stereo was doing that ridiculously annoying low bass thump thing. He had one of those magnetic ribbon things stuck on the tailgate, in a black and green color scheme. I'd never seen one in those colors, so I peeked at it at the next stoplight. It said, "I Support Road Head." Good luck with that, douchehole.


I take online surveys pretty frequently as a way to earn free money for books. Some of them are quite WTF-y. I got one the other day that was about electric styling equipment. It actually said something about electric styling equipment, so it wasn't just about makeup or whatnot. The first question was "Which of the following do you own for personal use (mark all that apply): (a) boat (b) curling iron (c) iPod (d) straightening iron (e) SUV." Which of these things has NOTHING to do with styling?


We get an obscene amount of junk mail at work, pounds and pounds of catalogs that no one wants. My officemate and I have started calling to cancel the ones that everyone agrees we don't need. I called one the other day, and the lady seemed kind of confused about what I wanted. I explained that we wanted to be removed from the mailing list, and she said, "Well, okay. I guess I'll take down your name and info." After I'd given her all the information, she said, "Oh, actually? We don't have control of our mailing lists. It's done by a third party. But if you ever want to order anything from us, I'd be glad to help you out!" Uh. What?

6 comments:

  1. I hate those loud playing cars. makes me nuts. Do I have to listen to your stupid music? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:39 PM

    What is Road Head? *concerned*

    I want free money for books. :-)

    Some people are just insane - and I swear calling them just makes them target you more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my innocent ladies...road head = getting a blowjob while driving :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the survey was about a *different* kind of road head -- using the straightening iron while driving the SUV. Snicker.

    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is this service i use at home called "Green Dimes" and it really does work! Its like 2.00 a month but they keep on top of getting your name off lists. They also supposedly plant a tree for you each month, but I'm wary of this - how would I know? But the junk mail? I barely get any now and it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete