Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Oh Mah Gawd


I can't believe I forgot to tell you guys one of the funniest things that happened at camp last week. I was wearing a Wallflowers concert tee from 1997. The girl sitting next to me at dinner gave my shirt an appraising look.

Kid:  Is that, like, some band you guys used to listen to?

VBG:  Yeah.

Kid:  Some old band?

VBG:  Hey, they're not that old.

Kid, unconvinced:  You guys probably like Patrick Swayze, too.

VBG:  ARRRRGH!! How old do you think I am??



* Wikipedia later informed me that Jakob Dylan is actually 15 years older than me. Swayze, however, is only two years younger than my FATHER, and even when I liked Dirty Dancing well enough to watch it a few times with my foster sister, I never thought Johnny Castle was all that cute.

2 comments:

  1. My 13-year-old niece was humming "champagne supernova" the other day, and I asked her if she like Oasis. She was STUNNED that I knew who they were. As she was stunned when I knew who Nirvana and Green Day were.

    LOL

    BTW I had the hugest crush on Jakob Dylan when I was in high school. Those EYES! sigh. . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:58 PM

    My 8 year old step son stays really popular w/ music so we're forced too...although I try to sway him...he still leans toward Akon and stuff...but I like alternative stuff... especially 90's..but I also like 80's pop and 70's rock.. I don't know...keeps me young.

    ReplyDelete