Friday, August 22, 2008

Swag


I keep planning to write about my trip, or about the things I found when I cleaned out the fridge the other night, but instead it's going to be another photo post.

I went out with Evilducky and Teacher Incognito this evening, and scored some pretty sweet deals.

At Target, I almost bought Indy a set of black and red lamé bat wings, but decided to hold out. I couldn't find a picture of them online, but saw these two costumes, one bizarre and one ridiculously awesome:


I dunno...I think I'll hold out for an Indiana Jones fedora.

I did buy this miniature working trebuchet, a steal at only $4.99:


I'm going to give it to my officemate, who was thinking about building a pumpkin catapult for Halloween for work, but didn't have time over the summer to get it approved and budgeted. I'm holding out hope that he'll go for it next year. And how awesome is my job that when my officemate said, "I want to build a pumpkin catapult" our supervisor said, "Go for it"?

After Macduff decided he'd had enough shopping for one night and headed off for home with his mama incognito, Evilducky and I went to Kohl's to check out the clearance selection.

I got these super cute shoes:



I got a few super early Christmas gifts for people, but since the people in question read this blog, I can't tell you what I got. Pretty good stuff, though!

And then, since we have actually and finally chosen the date after which we will no longer be preventing / will begin trying for kidlets (No, I'm not saying when. No, it's not this year), I bought some very cute baby outfits:


(These are a bit confusing to me. The one on the left is marked 18 months and the one on the right is marked 9 months. I don't mean to cast aspersions on the fine folks at Carter's who made both outfits, but they look about the same size to me.)


I also got some cute (cheap, cheap) stuff at an outlet mall on my way back from my vacation, so if you want to see more spawn clothes, click the photo below. Otherwise, consider yourself spared. And tomorrow, I'll try extra hard to save time to write about the fridge.




Reading:  Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver, The Used World by Haven Kimmel

Playing:  an embarrassingly cheesy mix of songs from my childhood


7 comments:

  1. so, she wasn't alone when she was parked next to my parents at the kohl's? interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pumpkin destruction! When I lived in PA, there was a place that demolished all the pumpkins they did not sell for Halloween by shooting them from a cannon - called Punkin Chunkin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also? I am so insanely jealous of your way cool job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh holy crap, the spawning begins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:36 AM

    1. those are very cute shoes.
    2. carters' sizing (and actually most baby clothes) is f-ed up. kind of like in one store you're a size 12 and in another you're a 16? like that but small. of course it also depends how huge your baby is. i have huge babies who wear 6 month clothes when they're 3 months old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right there with cheesefairy. BK (before kids), when I saw a "first birthday" outfit sized for 18 months, I was TOTALLY confused. But since macduff got his 1-month pics taken in a 3-month outfit, and his 3-month pics taken in a 6-9 month outfit, I find it's best NOT to ask questions about baby clothing sizes anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suppose rapid-growth infants would explain the snap-crotch onesie I saw in size FORTY EIGHT MONTHS. Because really, four year olds should probably not be wearing snap-crotch baby onesies.

    ReplyDelete