Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mystery solved!


This contest was more fun than I expected, especially looking back through some of my old trip photos in search of good ones to use. I have been really, really lucky and had lots of opportunities to travel to some really amazing places. And I'm really, really grateful. Yay, life! Anyway, here are the answers:


San Francisco Bay
The boat is heading to Alcatraz Island, off to the left there. This shot was taken from Lower Fort Mason in May 2007.



Gatlinburg Sky Lift
Taken on our honeymoon in August of 2004. The Sky Lift was a pretty cool experience.



cliff dwelling at Mesa Verde National Park
Photo from the two-week road trip I took out West with MacGyver and another friend the summer after my freshman year in college. I've actually visited Mesa Verde twice; my family also went there on our two-week road trip in 1993.



Avebury Henge
I spent 9 days in England shortly after high school graduation. On the way to Stonehenge, we stopped at another henge near the adorably quaint village of Avebury. It was incredible. (I'm the one in the orange and blue jacket.)



Giant Geyser at Yellowstone National Park
I took this shot of Giant in the summer of 2002, when my dad took my sister and me to visit Yellowstone. I got to see it again the next summer when I was at geologic field camp. Yay, geysers! (Even though the supervolcano thing is scary as hell.)



Mount Desert Island, Maine
(Say it like dessert, not desert. Blame the French.) I'm pretty sure this is a view of the Porcupine Islands, taken from Bar Harbor or thereabouts. I was in a "geologic excursion" class where we had to spend a semester writing a research paper and then spent ten days roadtripping out to Acadia National Park and back. Can you believe I got credits for that? Wicked. (I also did another excursion class that ended with two weeks driving around Ontario. Srsly...geology = kickass major.)



Hoh Rainforest, Olympic National Park
This one is from the ridiculously awesome trip MB and I took to Washington State in the fall of 2006. Moss is awesome, you can't deny it.


Big thanks to everyone who played along! I'll announce the winners very soon.


Reading:  Three Bags Full:  a Sheep Detective Story by Leonie Swann

Playing:  a little Marcy Playground, a little Tonic, a little Alanis, and a lot of Cowboy Junkies

No comments:

Post a Comment