Friday, October 10, 2008

Resurfacing


Two friends have contacted me in the last 24 hours to make sure I'm not dead. I appreciate them checking up on me, though I feel a bit sheepish about the whole thing. I certainly didn't mean to go silent for a week without warning.

I think these past two weeks have been the busiest in the history of my job. I had a workshop last Saturday as well as a huge event Saturday and Sunday that I had to throw together on ridiculously short notice. I have another workshop tomorrow night, so I've just been moving from one fire to the next.

Usually by the time I get home -- if I don't have work that I've brought home with me to complete -- I'm just mentally done for the day. I'll sit down with the computer and attempt to come up with something worth writing, and then give up. In other words, I'm old and boring lately.


MB has also been really busy for the past two weeks, so I've been taking on a few more Indy duties than usual. We've had the most amazing, perfect Fall weather so far, so taking the dog for extra walks is hardly a burden. I've been reading a lot, and I started a new knitting project, meaning even less time to blog.


The economic semi-apocalypse isn't helping much, either. I'm trying not to read too many news reports, lest I start Chicken Littling all over the place. We don't have investments, other than MB's 401k. Frankly, it's a bit of a relief right now to not be from money. We don't have portfolios, our parents don't have them, most of our friends don't either. Of course, damage to the economy in general is worrying, especially because of the kind of work MB does. I have to not think about it too much or I start to feel sick and panicked. But of course, it's all over the news, it's all over the Internet, it comes up in conversation constantly.


I guess this a roundabout way of saying thanks for reading and that I'll try to get back into a good posting schedule soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment