Saturday, August 29, 2009

Blue. No! Yellow! *


I grew up with my three cousins, a girl and two boys. Back then, when you bought stuff in a four-pack for kids, you almost always got one each of red, blue, yellow, and green. My oldest cousin, Amethyst, she got red. Anthony got blue, MacGyver got green, and I got yellow. When one of our aunts made each of us a quilt, she made them in our signature colors. When AA&M's mom got plaster handprint kits for the four of us to make, she painted them in our colors (and my mom still has a small yellow circle of plaster with my three-year-old handprint on it). To this day, I still claim yellow as my favorite color.

Now, I suppose it could be true that I like yellow so much because I sort of imprinted on it when I was little, like those birds that have to be fed via hand-puppet parents. But I've heard lots of stories about people who don't like the color that was picked for them as a kid, including my mom, who always wished she could have the blue things they picked out for her sister instead of the red they picked for her. Anyhow, it's not a good color for me to wear, and I try not to overdo its use since MB is not a fan, but I still love yellow. It's just...happy.

What about you guys? Do you have a favorite color? If you do, is there some reason for it, or just a chance thing?



* If you got it, props to you. If not, here.

3 comments:

  1. * that's no ordinary rabbit!

    Ahem. Green is my favorite color for everything except food. Foodwise, I will always gravitate to the red one. Even if they are flavored the same, or the red is not a flavor I might normally choose. I think it has something to do with me always choosing the red crayons to eat as a small child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i was a kid, my favorite color was purple. i don't think it had anything to do with the fact that my mom used to buy me purple stuff (mostly clothing) because it was girly without being pink. i got over the purple thing as i got older, now i tend to go for blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. always find myself partial to colors that aren't colors per se. Like black, or grey. I like brown a lot, too. I grew up in a yellow bedroom, but I don't dislike the color. pretty much, if it's not pink, it's not bad. but having naturally reddish hair, pink has always been a bad choice.

    "Whst...is that capitol of Assyria?"

    ReplyDelete