Thursday, November 12, 2009

Danger! Danger!


From previous experience, I knew that working at the craft store during the holidays would be an exercise in willpower. There's just so much cute stuff available, starting with Halloween and going right on through Christmas.

I mean, come on. These are FULL OF WIN:



What I didn't know (but probably should have) is that working at a craft store while pregnant is also really dangerous. There are onesies in the iron-on aisle and wooden letters for spelling out babies' names on nursery walls and cute little toys that would be perfect for future Christmas stockings, and worst of all there are baskets. And as if regular baskets aren't bad enough, there are baby-themed baskets. How am I supposed to resist this??


So far, so good, but I cannot be held responsible for what happens when I start nesting.



Reading:  Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Playing:  Hazards of Love by the Decemberists

2 comments:

  1. other than the actual onesies themselves, all the stuff for your presents from me came from work. even the box and tissue paper. in fact, if i remember correctly which one i used, i think the wrapping paper was some i picked up a couple christmases ago. the bow was from somewhere else, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZOMG CUTE VULTURES. I did not know such a thing existed.

    ReplyDelete