Saturday, November 14, 2009

Randomocity


( 1 )  This amuses me greatly:

(click through to read the table of contents)


( 2 )  FreshMD wrote a great post about knitting. I love the idea of simple handwork-type crafts "priming the well" of our creative resources, though I admit that my knitting is FAR from perfect...I started a new scarf today and only got to the fourth stripe before I did a color change on the wrong side and kept going for a bit without noticing.


( 3 )  Click here to see the most hilariously wonderful pictures of a really pissed-off great horned owl in a box (via Mimi Smartypants).


( 4 )  This is one of the happiest sights on Earth:




( 5 )  Here's a photo of my own dog being inexplicably clingy, curled up under my chair with his head on my feet:



( 6 )  Thrift stores are awesome. They always feel full of potential.



Yes, that is two racks of dickeys. There was a third one, but I couldn't fit it in the photo. I have been shopping at thrift stores for years, and I've never seen a dickey for sale before. So, which is a more bizarre explanation -- this thrift store somehow accumulated enough dickeys from various donations to fill three racks, or one individual amassed this impressive collection of pseudo-shirts and then donated them?


( 7 )  The Belly at 32 weeks:


We went out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants last night and the manager was holding the door when we arrived. He showed up at our table mid-meal, congratulated us on the impending baby, and offered us free dessert in celebration. Well, hell yes!



Reading:  Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett

Playing:  Hazards of Love by the Decemberists

1 comment:

  1. Love the dickey observation. Laughed. Wonder if there's a Dickey club somewhere who ought to be notified.

    ReplyDelete