Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hair today, gone tomorrow


I have an appointment to get my hair cut at 10:00 tomorrow morning. I haven't had my hair cut since the week after I got married, back in 2004. Before that, my last haircut was in 1993. Nineteen ninety three. So I've had two haircuts between the ages of 12 and almost-29, and OMFG I am nervous. I have no clue what I want, so I'm going to let the stylist recommend something, with the caveats that it can't require a flat iron or hairdryer to maintain and I don't want bangs. NERVOUS.




And, after:


It's not as short as I expected, but I suppose I can have more taken off later if I want. This is after it was dried with a diffuser, sculpted a tiny bit with a curling iron, and then treated with Moroccan oil and a fancy-pants gel for curls. In other words, it'll probably never look this good again.

9 comments:

  1. I usually also say I want it to be below my shoulders. Otherwise they go crazy. I've never done ANYTHING creative tho. The most exciting I do is sometimes I let them cut 'long layers' but we have the same bang conversation. This time she started talking about bangs and I was like "dude - curly hair is way too high maintainance. No way."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, your hair is gorgeous! No matter what you do with it, I'm sure it will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH!!

    GET LAYERS THAT FRAME YOUR FACE!!!

    that will look so pretty with your thick wavy hair!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You actually have hair to your butt now?! Can you donate the length of it, do you know?

    If I were you, I'd get it cut to just below your shoulders - it should bounce up with lots of curl, but you should also be able to still tie it back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:44 AM

    What are bangs?

    John :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm... I don't actually think I've ever seen you with your hair down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have beautiful hair!

    i FREAKED out after cutting off 21 inches last year and going way shorter than i had wanted, but i ended up loving it. and now the hair is grown past my shoulders.

    ReplyDelete