I'm in a funk today and hoping if I write down the things that are bumming me out, they'll stop bothering me so much.
1. I found out the week of Thanksgiving that my job will be cut to half-time starting in January. We can't afford for me to only work part-time, so I am looking for a new job. I hate job hunting.
2. I may have lined up a second part-time job, but even if they pay me the highest possible wage they quoted me, I'll still be out $250 a month.
3. Because of this, I won't be able to sign Nico up for another session of swimming lessons. I'll have to stop going to the gym in January. I'm really hoping we can avoid going into debt just to pay our basic bills.
4. I'm pissed off at the shift in priorities that led to my job being cut.
5. I'm pissed off that after years of work and years of education, I'm back to scraping to make ends meet.
6. I feel bad about the commitments and holiday plans I made before finding out about my job. It's too late to back out of most of them without feeling like an asshole, but I have terrible guilt about spending the money.
7. My laptop is still out of commission and is holding most of my photos and all of my documents hostage. Obviously a new computer is completely out of the question.