Thursday, November 03, 2011

Boom goes the dynamite *


First some blog housekeeping. I really liked the "Wordless Weekend" option from last year's NaBloPoMo, so I'm bringing that back this year. In the interest of doing something new and maybe sparking some ideas for myself (and because it went well last time), I'm going to instate Friday Fiction posts for the month of November. I'll post some scrap of fiction each Friday, either new or previously written. A warning - they won't be meticulously edited or researched, so don't expect greatness. I hope it'll be fun, though, and comments are of course welcome.

Second, some actual housekeeping. I went back to the basement tonight after Nico went to bed, hoping to make a little more headway so MB had fewer boxes to stuff into closets tomorrow morning. It took an hour and 45 minutes this time, but BEHOLD. (Excuse the crappy phone pictures.) The basement is FINISHED:




No supercool finds, except for a notebook containing a few pages I'd written for a story that I've resurrected. It was the exact scene I've been unable to recreate and was wishing I could find, so that's pretty rad. In the interest of full disclosure, not everything got tossed or permanently sorted. A few boxes of stuff (and some nice empty boxes) got stowed in the laundry room to be dealt with later.


I'm totally counting this project as done, though. Hallelujah, amen, cue Freddie Mercury and his scary chest hair.



* I'm actually not a Family Guy fan. The title was stolen from a hilarious story that my hilarious friend Rachel told.

No comments:

Post a Comment