Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks


This Thanksgiving I tried really hard to appreciate things that I usually take for granted. To appreciate my first world problems, you might say. And so, I am thankful for:

a roof over my family's heads
clothes on our backs and shoes on our feet
food on the table at every meal
reliable access to running water and electricity
my washer and dryer
a safe neighborhood
the means to spoil provide my son with toys and books and attention
yoga class
finding a job that I really enjoy
afternoon naps


Also, for things I never take for granted:

family
friends, especially those who might as well be family


And above all, always, I am grateful for MB and for Nico, my wonderful boys.


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone…I hope your turkey was tender and your pies were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment