What I was doing instead of posting
1. Cooking in a record heat wave (which thankfully broke before this week's work summer camp).
2. Taking Nico to his first 4th of July fireworks show. He had a good time running around outside but was not a fan of the actual fireworks. Oddly, it seemed to be the flashes and not the sound that bothered him. He spent the whole show with his hands firmly over his eyes. He didn't cry, though!
3. Baking banana bread with Nico. It took twice as long as it would to do it by myself, but he was so proud to be helping.
4. Growing gigantor squash plants
5. Witnessing transformation of tiny tadpole into the tiniest, cutest, squee-inducingest frog of all time
6. Writing seven pages of fiction that I may eventually be brave enough to post here. Hooray!