Tuesday, April 29, 2014

all thumbs

First, a warning: if you are easily grossed out or squeamish about fingernail injuries, you should probably just come back another day.























Still here? Okay. So, remember about three months ago when I shut my thumb in the car door? First half my nail turned black...or rather, the scab / blood underneath spread about halfway up. The nail on top was still nail-colored. Then a small gap formed at the bottom, and because I am by nature a picker, I picked at it. After a while, it looked like this:



It grew (or was pushed out by the new nail underneath, really) and I trimmed it a few times. More pieces came off, and now it looks like this:



Plus I snagged it putting on my jeans the other day and so it's sort of loose on one side but not the other. It's so incredibly gross and I kind of wish it would just fall off already. I am reminded of the cringeworthy scene in Wild when Cheryl Strayed pulls off her toenails to relieve the pressure / pain of the damage they've suffered inside her boots. Okay, now I'm grossed out, and that's saying something.

1 comment:

  1. That was the perfect amount of gap on my feed reader - I wouldn't have had to scroll down at all if I didn't want to. :) Ugh, hope it grows in/falls off fast for you!

    ReplyDelete