Friday, December 04, 2015

tiny gallery

I've been quite charmed by Nico's artwork recently. I'm starting to suspect he's going to turn out to be quite skilled at drawing as he grows, which seems miraculous to me as a person who has practically zero artistic ability. Here are a few of my particular favorites:

Periodically I find one of these Solar System drawings on the back of one of his class worksheets. Each one has been a little more detailed and awesome than the one that came before it. Can you spot the planets out through Saturn, plus the rocket and two green Voyager spacecraft?



Watercolor pumpkin, which I still haven't put away even though we have our Christmas decorations up now. I can't even explain why I love this so much, but I do.



When I found this in Nico's folder, I asked him, "Hey, what's your turkey up to in this drawing?" Nico said, "It's pooping." When I asked him why it was pooping, he replied, matter-of-factly, "It had to poop." I think my favorite part is how the pooping was very clearly premeditated, as proven by him carefully leaving a blank space for the cutaway view on the turkey's body.



He drew this one for their lesson on words that start with sh. Obviously the stick figure yelling AH! is superb, but the shark itself is pretty fantastic as well.




Not the be completely outdone, Elliott has also brought home some great stuff from preschool. Of course he's still at an age where the teachers have to help a lot, but that doesn't reduce my adoration for this little reindeer he made yesterday. I'm pretty sure the face is made from a tracing of his little shoe.



He also brought this home. I'm hoping the drawing represents Chuggington trains and new pajamas.




Reading:  The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (audiobook)

Playing:  Black Eyed Man by the Cowboy Junkies

No comments:

Post a Comment