Friday, May 05, 2006

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo...


I was cleaning the apartment today (and GOD was it ever overdue. EMBARRASSING.) and I tied up the curtains that cover the sliding glass door so that I could vacuum. As I was working, I noticed that the cat was in his twitchy-tailed low-to-the-ground intently-staring predator mode. I went over to see what he was watching, and saw this incredibly awesomely cool 7-inch-long LIZARD on our back patio! (And this is an actual picture of the lizard, after I snuck up on it to get a photo.)



Actually, I'm not sure it was a lizard at all. I think it was a female broadhead skink. I love how nature just busts out badass stuff when you're least expecting it, in the most unlikely places (like the teeny tiny backyard of my apartment in the middle of the city!). Nature rules. For real, dogg.


I'm never sure what it's all about.

My dad dropped this off today:



I'd like to think my chub is cowering in fear. Truthfully, though, I think it's shaking with laughter.


I say I want you, and you don't believe me; you say you want me, but I've got my doubts.

Three cheers and a gold star for MB, who cooked the most delicious dinner tonight, just because. He so rocks.


Oh, baby...I was bound for Mexico.



No comments:

Post a Comment