Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Hero of Canton...the man they call Jayne


All right, be honest...does anyone else hear this song and think of this
one instead?



Because when Breaking Benjamin are singing about the diary of Jane, I can't help but wonder what this guy would put in his diary.




I usually don't like to talk about work...

But this is too awesome not to share.

I ran an event for kids in grades 1 - 3 tonight. Early in the evening, they had an inside lesson about going stargazing and what constellations and stars they can see in the fall. I showed them several, including Cassiopeia the Queen and the Summer Triangle. At the end of the evening, they got a chance to go outside and look at the stars through telescopes. I asked some of the kids if they could find the Summer Triangle, and they did. Then, as I was getting ready to leave, one of the little girls suddenly exclaimed, "Look! I see the queen!"

She'd found Cassiopeia all by herself.

Today was really, really, really stressful trying to get ready for the event. I was at work for 13 hours and didn't even have time to eat lunch. But in that moment, when she found the constellation, it was all worth it.

(the Pleiades)


And while we're talking about things that are amazing, go check out the Hubble Telescope site. Incredible, mindblowing stuff.





And once again, I'm completely stark raving mad.

I agreed to do NaBloWriMo, even though I already signed up for NaNoWriMo.

*cue desperate, hysterical laughter*



Reading: Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett

Playing: Car Wheels on a Gravel Road by Lucinda Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment