Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Empty gesture or first ripple of change?


Only time will tell, I guess.


Feds move to protect polar bears:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The federal government on Tuesday took the first step toward listing the polar bear as a threatened species.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said protection may be warranted under the Endangered Species Act, triggering a review process that could lead to its listing.

The service acted on a petition filed by the Center for Biological Diversity, which said polar bears could become extinct by the end of the century because their sea ice habitat is melting away due to global warming.


Environment: Bears on Thin Ice

US says global warming threatens polar bears




(the tag reads "To: Polar Bears     From: Man")





Now for something that doesn't break my heart:

Have you seen these new Jeep commercials? I saw them both for the first time tonight, and they crack my shit up.










Quote of the day:  "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." (Drew Carey)*





*Disclaimer:  I don't actually hate my job. I just think the quote's funny.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:50 AM

    Ok...the polar bears make me sad.

    The jeep commericals....just ...there are no words.

    And the QUOTE- UTTERLY hysterical....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:45 PM

    I love the quote of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:52 PM

    Ha...I love the jeep commercial with birds hitting the roof. Or canoe if you want to get technical. Kayak...whatever the hell it is.

    ReplyDelete