Sunday, April 22, 2007

The All-Request Lunch Hour


Since I don't know what kind of internet access (if any) I'll have while I'm in California at the end of May, I'm planning to write some posts ahead of time, save them as drafts, and enlist MB to upload them for me while I'm gone. To this end, I am now accepting requests for post topics...is there a story you want to hear, a question you're just dying for me to answer, a meme you feel like tagging me for, a topic you want me to ramble on about? Speak now or forever hold your peace, or something. Leave me a comment or drop me an email (velocibadgergirl at gmail dot com), and I'll do what I can to oblige you.


I had an absolutely fantastic weekend, but I'm so completely whipped that I'm having trouble coming up with anything remotely coherent to say about it. Rather than ruin the stories, I'll just wait until I've had a good night's sleep and try again tomorrow.



Happy Birthday, Danger!

I hope it was a great one.



Happy Earth Day, also.

"If we learn, finally, that what we need to 'manage' is not the land so much as ourselves in the land, we will have turned the history of American land-use on its head." -- Gaylord Nelson, Founder of Earth Day

"I recognize the right and duty of this generation to develop and use our natural resources, but I do not recognize the right to waste them, or to rob by wasteful use, the generations that come after us." -- Theodore Roosevelt, speech, Washington, D.C., 1900




Finally

Here are some videos that make me laugh like a hyena:

The Reduced Shakespeare Company's Othello Rap



and Macbeth (with authentic accents)




Reading: Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce

Playing: We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank by Modest Mouse, Back to Black by Amy Winehouse, Begin to Hope by Regina Spektor (sound warnings)

1 comment:

  1. I would love to hear about the trips you have taken. You are extremely well-traveled. :)

    ReplyDelete