Monday, May 21, 2007

Hello, everyone! I'm in California until May 30, but MB has kindly agreed to upload some pre-prepared posts for me while I'm away. I promise I'll read any comments you leave me when I get back, so please don't be shy!

Hope you like!   xoxo ~velocibadgergirl



A Day in History


Meme stolen from Radioactive Jam


1. Go to Wikipedia and enter your birthday without the year:

March 13


2. List three events that occurred that day:

1781 - William Herschel discovers the planet Uranus.

1993 - The Great Blizzard of 1993 strikes the eastern U.S., bringing record snowfall and other severe weather all the way from Cuba to Québec. (I think I remember this! If it's the snowstorm I'm thinking of, we were on Spring Break that week, and my mom helped me and my sister build a snowman in the backyard.)

1997 - In Phoenix, Arizona, USA, the Phoenix Lights, one of the most widely witnessed UFO sightings, take place. (Methinks this sentence has a bit of a comma infestation.)


3. List two important birthdays:

1855 - Percival Lowell, American astronomer (Lowell's obituary from the NY Times.

1960 - Adam Clayton, Irish bassist


4. List one death:

1842 - Henry Shrapnel, British soldier and inventor (He does not seem to have been killed by his own invention.)


5. List one holiday or observance:

Feast of Saint Nicephorus

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:21 AM

    Hope you're having a good time! I've done this meme before, and sadly, nothing interesting seems to happen on my birthdate! (July 31st) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam Clayton, Irish bassist. That's it?! Like he's just some low-key, instrument wielding guy who happens to be from Ireland, maintains a low profile, content to let his bandmates hog the limelight--

    Erm.

    Right, then. That would be him.

    And of course since there aren't any (other) U2 fans around here, no big deal I am sure.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no there are other U2 fans around here, trust me, I'm one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no U2 fans, that's quite possibly the most laughable thing i've ever heard.

    i remember the time we tried to cut classes on a random wednesday to drive across two states to see them play, but couldn't convince anyone with a car it was a good idea.

    and of course j-dog's birthday decor.

    ReplyDelete