Saturday, July 14, 2007

Internet, How Do I Love Thee? (Volume 2)


There is so much weird shit on the internet, you guys. SO MUCH. It is a beautiful, beautiful thing. Several of these links were sent to me by weird shit finder extraordinaire, basscomm.


( 1 )  lolcats:

Resistance is futile. Seriously. Usually when I type LOL, I just mean, "Heh, that was clever." When I tell you that these cat pictures and their ridiculous captions made me laugh out loud, please understand that I was actually laughing my ass off, out loud.

The revolution is beginning. I Can Has Cheezburger has been reviewed in Time Magazine (These home-made cartoons seem to lift the veil on a truth that we all quietly suspected anyway: cats are small, childish, sentient beings, mischievous and innocent at the same time.).




( 2 )  Grad Student Knits a Ferrari:

For her Graduate Exhibition Lauren Porter presented a full scale knitted version of a Ferrari, a hairy combination of a Testa Rossa and a 355--complete with windscreen wipers, wing mirrors, low profile tyres and the famous prancing horse logo, all knitted in glorious Ferrari red (wool generously supplied by Sirdar).


( 3 )  Neuticles has merchandise:

It's weird enough that there's a company marketing prosthetic testicles for pets. I could even see wearing a Neuticles T-Shirt as a joke. But are there really people who need Neuticles barbecue aprons? Neuticles keychains? Necklaces? Gift packs?




(These guys would need the size large neuticles, I think.)



( 4 )  Fake action movie one-liners:

Great article on Slate, inspired by the fantabulous Live Free or Die Hard. And really, it's a great movie. It's utterly absurd, fully ridiculous, pretty much unbelievable, but it's awesome. MB put it best when he said, "That was the quintessential 80s / 90s action flick, but redone and ramped up." And I? I am a complete sucker for 80s / 90s action movies. Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker...


( 5 )  Wicked cool shadow art:

Tim Noble and Sue Webster, Real Life is Rubbish, 2002:  two separate piles of general household rubbish onto which a light is projected, creating a shadow self-portrait of Noble and Webster

(Link stolen from the lovely Angela at On Second Thought)


( 6 )  Also stolen from Angela:

Awesome and Angela both start with A. Coincidence? Oh, I think not.





( 7 )  FUH2:

A website dedicated to saying "fuck you" to H2s? That's pretty funny. The fact that there are 4314 photos so far? Sort of scary.




( 8 )  Big Shiny Thing:

Somehow, a search at work for something related to parasites led me to this:

Jessica Joslin's "Birds and Mammals" sculptures meld animal bones and mechanical parts to make fantastical creatures that appear unnervingly alive.

You've got to check out the artist's homepage, because this stuff is absolutely incredible.




And the first thing, it led me to this:

Rabbit 'knitted by lots of grannies' will lie on an Italian hillside for the next 20 years.


So, do you think Kitters has a chance of making it as a lolcat?



11 comments:

  1. That hillside rabbit is beyond awesome. And most definitely, Kitters is an lolcat.

    Have you submitted any Kitters-pics yet? If not, be sure to let us know when the takeover begins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually submitted this Lettis picture, and one taken shortly after, captioned, "I iz stoned. Plz send cheetos. kThx."

    I'll let you know if I ever hear anything back :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:36 PM

    RaJ sent me over here. He was asking about the wool to make the Farrari. For the record...I only wish I could have supplied that wool. My name may be Sirdar...but it is not of the wool family...however I did think of starting an online store selling it recently as Sirdar is a type of wool and with my name...it might work :-)

    Fun post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you think if i got frankie some neuticles petey would stop trying to boss him around all the time? and people might even stop calling him a she.

    that's the ticket. my chihuahua need prostetic balls. damn that stripper who cut them off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:52 PM

    My dog slobbers all over the screen whenever I go to LOL Cats. If she had her way, she'd rename the site Cats Are Tasty With Ketchup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moose, I think I like your dog's style. ;) I feel okay saying that since my cat's mindset seems to be "Large Pink Things Taste Good But Need Salt."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:32 PM

    Awesome lolcat of kitters. I love icanhascheezburger.com immensely. What did we do without the internet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That hillside rabbit is fantastic. Every hillside needs a large knitted creature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah, Kitters has tons of potential!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kitters should totally be on lolcats. For sure. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that site. Or of Kitters.

    He's behaving himself these days, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, I'm sadly very addicted to lolcats. Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete