Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Don't even ask me about Target


ADD Girl goes to the grocery
a drama in four acts


The List:
toilet paper
bread
cream cheese
paper towels
gallon Ziploc bags
Kleenex


Act One:  bread
Hey, danishes are still on sale. Rock on. I'll get another package of the apple ones. I guess I'll get some fruit while I'm on my way through the produce section. Bananas sound good. Ooh, I wonder if they have any of those black seedless grapes. Yep! Score. OK, here's the bread. Hey, I've been craving apple butter on toast lately. Oh, man...I can't believe they're already stocking Little Debbie Christmas cakes. It's only November 6! ZOMG CHRISTMAS TREE CAKES I NEED THEM. Yay, here's the apple butter! I should pick up some of this all-natural peanut butter while I'm over here.

Items from list: 1
Items not on list: 6


Act Two:  paper and plastic products
Hey, the seasonal aisle. Last year I had to go to three different stores to find canned sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving. I'd better get some now. I'll get a bottle of juice for MB while I'm here. And I'm almost out of Cheetos...I wonder if Bugles are on sale. They are! Crap, I need to get out of here. Ooh, frozen section! And DiGiornos are on sale, too! I'll get a pepperoni pizza for MB. Holy kamole, Toaster Strudels are two for $3?? No way! Raspberry and cherry...yum. All right, here's the paper and plastics aisle. Paper towels, toilet paper, Kleenex, and gallon bags. Next!

Items from list: 4
Items not on list: 7


Act Three:  cream cheese
Milk is on sale, score! And so is string cheese! And here's the cream cheese.

Items from list: 1
Items not on list: 2


Act Four:  checkout
$62.77 ?? AIIEEE! I don't get it, I only came in here for six things!



There's a new (short) post up at the book blog, if anyone is interested. I've also reached my goal of reading more books this year than I read last year. 2006 book count = 44; 2007 book count = 45. Booyah!

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:44 PM

    How did you KNOW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:42 PM

    And this is why we're friends. I cannot go into a grocery store without spending a small fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think ADD is in anyway involved. that's just what grocery shopping is like, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Negative, Rabidmonkey...MB is quite capable of going to the store and just getting the things on the list. It's quite strange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh can grab just what's required too. I? Cannot. And worse since we usually hit up the superwalhell because it's so cheap. Um...they have CLOTHES for the KIDS and CLEARANCE! Hell I'm screwed because our other grocery is also an all in one (though considerably less ghetto and more expensive)

    This is why Josh goes to the grocery store alone quite often. I LOVE grocery shopping. Perhaps a little too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love toaster strudel (spl) and, this happens to me all the time. Sometimes we institute the "no basket allowed" rule so that we have to stop buying things when we can no longer carry all the stuff in our arms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always called em "Toaster Doodles"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:58 PM

    Oh my god, I do that ALL THE TIME. It's harder now that supermarkets are all trying to be like WalMart: you go in for Kleenex and come out with greeting cards, makeup, popsicles and and a reclining chair, but damned if you have any Kleenex.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely do that same thing too. I can't go when I'm even remotely hungry or I just go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Story of my un-budgeted life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm sitting here pulling on some string cheese i bought last night and thinking about my trip to the grocery store was only supposed to be about picking up some yogurt but ended up being considerably bigger and i'm wondering, were we at the same store?

    because i'm convinced they pump some kind of buy-everything-in-sight smell in through the vents.

    ReplyDelete