Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Ten Literary Characters I Would Totally Make Out With If I Were Single and They Were Real But I’m Not, Single I Mean, I Am Real, But I’m Also Happily Married and Want to Stay That Way So Maybe We Should Forget This.


I swear, I did not make that title up. The hilarious Radioactive Jam tagged me for this back in early October, but I wanted to save it for NaBloPoMo (for obvious reasons).

So, here goes:

1. Macbeth, Thane of Cawdor, from the Scottish play

I can't really explain this one, other than to admit that it's probably based less on the actual play than on the fact that the actor who played Macbeth in the production I saw as a junior in high school was FREAKING HOT. That guy made crazy look so terribly sexy.


2. Pyetr Kochevikov from Rusalka by CJ Cherryh

I've long been a sucker for the bad boy with a heart of gold, and I've had a crush on Pyetr since I first read this book around age twelve. Too bad he ends up married to a wizard who could kill me with her mind.


3. Thomas from Something Rising (Light and Swift) by Haven Kimmel

Speaking of bad boys with mysterious pasts...


4. Borrible Jones from Spirits in the Wires by Charles de Lint

Hot mysterious tinker with a great sense of humor. What's not to like?


5. Geordie Riddell from Charles de Lint's various Newford books

He's a fiddler who plays at faerie revels and is sweetly and deeply devoted to his best friend and secret flame, Jilly. A date at a faerie revel?? Hell yes.


6. Bonanza Jellybean from Even Cowgirls Get the Blues by Tom Robbins

Yowza.


7. Jesse, the hottie ghost from Meg Cabot's Mediator series

Tall, dark, and handsome; great body; sexy accent...sign me up. Okay, okay...so he's also a 19th-century murder victim. Details, details.


8. Shadow from American Gods by Neil Gaiman

Not sure I'd care to meet his dad, though.


10. Jamie Fraser from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander / Dragonfly in Amber / Voyager

Tall, strong, loyal, handsome, Scottish accent, and good in bed. Um, yes.


10. Sam Vimes from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series

HEART!


I am tagging the bibliophile, Megs, Blogapotamus Rex, and anyone who needs good blog fodder.


Reading:  Greenwitch by Susan Cooper

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:22 AM

    For me is is all about Hank Reardon from "Atlas Shrugged".

    I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, damn. I just realized I should've had Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451 in there somewhere. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vimes and not Nobbs? Are you sure?

    I bet almost nobody picks Corporal Nobbs. Seriously. I'd pick Detritus over Nobby.

    ReplyDelete