Monday, December 03, 2007

Ugly Sweaters = prizes!


Regrettable Sweaters was originally set up as a prize opportunity for NaBloPoMo folks, but NaBlo has come and gone, and not one single ugly Christmas sweater has made it to my inbox. In an attempt to ignore the heartbreak for one more month, I'm changing the rules. Anyone can submit, and anyone can win. Read on...

About
There are a lot of ugly sweaters ( jumpers / jerseys ) in this world, but it seems that Christmas sweaters as a genre are disproportionately unattractive.

Do you have a terrible holiday sweater or sweatshirt hiding in your closet? Do you have a jolly jumper that would put you on Stacy and Clinton's naughty list? Is your under-bed storage hiding something truly cringe-worthy or just plain horrifying? Do you wish that the rest of us could share your pain?

Submit photos to velocibadgergirl (at) gmail dot com, and come back in January for the official unveiling of all the Regrettable Sweaters people see fit to share.


Submission Guidelines
Send your regrettable photos to velocibadgergirl (at) gmail dot com. Include your name and / or blog identity, blog URL, story of the sweater (how it came to cast its tacky pall across your holiday season), and add a caption if you wish. Please don't steal other people's work (from Flickr, etc.) without giving credit to your source.



Also, what do you think of my new holiday bling? I asked MB for a festive banner and I think he really delivered. Historically, Christmas is not MB's favorite holiday, but it is mine, and I have to say...he's being exceptionally good-natured and accepting of it this year. (Thanks, lover! You're the best!)


Christmas parties down:  2

Christmas parties to go:  4

Reading:  The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman

Playing:  the soundtrack from O Brother, Where Art Thou?

3 comments:

  1. Love the bling!

    Thomas and I will be shopping for our ugly sweater party directly...so I'll have something to send you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet if you did one on ugly bridesmaids dresses, your inbox would be flooded. Mostly by me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all my sweater finery somehow ended up in a Goodwill drop-off box. But I'll check. And I really like the new banner; totally festive *and* shiny.

    Speaking of shiny, I just remembered the part from yer cat-Christmas video about the consequences of letting a cat eat tinsel. Whee!

    ReplyDelete