Monday, March 31, 2008

Completely, totally, and utterly busted


Today the Cheesefairy posted a funny story about her kid outing his daycare provider and her habit of letting him watch TV.

It reminded me of one of my favorite kid stories of all time.

My aunt Pony has always watched my cousin Amethyst's kids, starting when Amethyst's first daughter, Custard*, was a baby. Amethyst preferred that Custard not have things like TV or fast food, but Grandma Pony had other ideas. Ideas which she kept secret from Amethyst. Or so she thought.

You see, one day Amethyst was in a hurry, so when she got to the bank, she decided that instead of taking Custard inside with her, she'd just go through the drive-up window. As she loaded her deposit into the little vacuum tube and greeted the teller, a small voice piped up from the backseat:  "Fries, please."



Reading:  The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

Playing:  Pressure Chief by Cake



*not their real names, obviously

2 comments:

  1. Great story but now I want fries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma Pony was so busted. Too cute. I want fries now too. Drop by my blog, I have something for you.

    ReplyDelete