Saturday, March 08, 2008

It's my party and I'll blog if I want to


According to my dear friend Gerbil, it's time for the Ultimate Blog Party. Since I met some cool bloggers last year, I figure I'll participate again. New friends = good times!

By way of introduction, I'm velocibadgergirl (hi!). I'll be celebrating my 27th birthday on Thursday. I'm married, and my fantabulous husband is herein known as MB. We have a spoiled rotten cat called Mr. Kitters, and are hoping to adopt a dog before the summer. We just bought our first house, and I'm trying mightily not to talk about it every freakin' day on here.

I love reading, hanging out with friends, hiking, canoeing, camping, craft projects, thrift store shopping, and photography. I have a weakness for clearance racks, Starbucks chai lattes, and bookstores. I'm generally a really happy, easygoing person. I swear a LOT.

You can read my 100 Things if you're just dying to know more about me.

Thanks for stopping by! Drop me a comment bread crumb so I can find my way back to your blog!


ETA:  It has come to my attention that I'm supposed to list some prizes I'd like to win, so here are my top choices for my unlikely wish list (I never win random drawings):

          >> Freaking adorable black and white rocking horse from A rocking horse to love...How cute is he?

          >> $25 Target gift card from Mommy Bytes

          >> $25 Amazon gift certificate from Judy

          >> $20 Amazon gift certificate from the Organized Knitting Club

          >> $20 Amazon gift certificate from Mommy Daddy Blog

          >> $20 Lush gift certificate from After a Cup of Coffee...or Two

          >> $15 Amazon gift certificate from Mommy Cracked

          >> blog makeover from Shauna (for the book blog)

          >> custom blog design from Sweet n Simple Designs (for the book blog)

          >> custom blog design from Summer (for the book blog)

          >> $50 gift certificate to paperlicious.com

          >> 12 x 12 custom canvas from Juju Beane Boutique

          >> matted 5 x 7 from Rebecca's Originals

          >> flaming baby legs from Fire Mom

          >> tie dyed layette set from Twist and Shout

22 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:03 AM

    I'll be the first to leave a comment! I LOVE that picture you have on your sidebar under "RESIST". Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we have some things in common! I too enjoy crafts, photography, hiking, clearance... :-)


    It is nice to meet you. I'll stop by again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know where my blog is. ;)
    And howzabout more Kitters? (I am a Kitters Junkie, apparently.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new house!! So very exciting! Have fun all week at all the parties. Hope to see you around :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday a few days early! Enjoy the blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:23 PM

    Crumbs crumbs crumbs!

    I like overthinkers and have ALWAYS thought your blog name is one of the best out there. You make me crave egg salad and dirty sailor talk. And you make me want to get a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're such a cook chica.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:18 PM

    Fun meeting you!!!

    Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:08 PM

    Happy Birthday on Thursday!

    I'm inviting you to party with me!

    Win some chocolate from my-sister-in-law and I...we blog about CHOCOLATE...me from Australia...and her from Michigan. Here's the link: http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

    What am I doing in Australia? I married an Aussie...and moved to Brisbane, leaving my family and friends and all the right-side-of-the-road drivers in America.

    Win a handmade pocket place mat from my blog Comfort Joy Designs. Here's the link:
    http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

    Want to know more about life in Australia? Visit my A Cup of Joy site where I keep up with my family and friends in America. Here's the link:
    http://acupofjoy.wordpress.com/

    Happy Partying!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the party! Congrats on your new home!
    Stop on by my blog for a brownie and some hot chocolate if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice party and congrats on your new house! Feel free to come on by to my party if ya get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:13 PM

    I read your 100 Things and think you may be on to something about Middle School. Those years were not kind to me and I don't think any one really enjoys being that age.

    Congratulations on being a home owner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there... nice to meet you... have a great day... party hearty... take care and don't be a stranger... from an Aussie in the US who loves photography and travelling...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your title completely had me intriuged! :)
    Congrats on your first home! I hope we can be home owners soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here's a crumb. Congratulations on that house.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your post, and the house is awesome. i'm very jealous you have two stories. how's THAT for random? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the party!!! Congrats on your house? Interesting color for the carpet on the stairs. =)
    Oh, about the never winning a random drawing - don't give up. I used to think that. Now I'm hooked on entering contests and such. I have a long list of prizes I've won and this year brought me my first HUGE prize. I won a grand prize that includes a trip for 2 to Napa Valley and a stay at a gorgeous resort and spa treatments!!! Maybe I should start a sweepstakes series on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous5:10 PM

    What a fun way to introduce your business!

    Happy Partying

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous8:30 PM

    What a great house!! I, too, have a sincere weakness for clearance racks, especially ones at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great to meet you! Stop by my blog and take a party favor.

    ReplyDelete