Thursday, May 08, 2008

He could've left a nasty note instead


This morning as I was taking Indy on his daily brisk dawn walk around the neighborhood, I was thinking that things have been going pretty well. It's challenging to keep up with two pets, to be sure, but nothing we can't handle. Hell yes, a dog and a cat. Things are nice.

Then I got home and headed upstairs to take a shower. And what should I spy with my little eye? A big heap of cat turds in the center of the neatly-made guest bed. Clearly Kitters is not so pleased about our decision to move Indy (in his crate) up to our room to sleep at night. Unfortunately, I couldn't exactly march the cat into the room, point at the poop, and demand that he explain himself. I figured at least cat poop is pretty easy to clean up, and decided to hope he felt that he'd made his point.

And then, as I leaned over and picked up the poop, I noticed a very, very suspicious smell. Perhaps, I hoped wildly, he'd dripped a little pee on the bed when he laid the present out for me. But as I stripped the comforter off, it became clear that this was no drip. Oh, no. Kitters had elected to go for broke. Seriously, if I had peed on the bed myself there might've been less wee. Clearly we had been given the feline equivalent of a big fat middle finger. Hopefully we can find something to take the smell out of the mattress. If not, I may have to get myself fitted for a brand new fluffy white hat.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if it would work on a mattress, but go to the Petsmart or wherever you buy pet-related things and see if you can find some Nature's Miracle or related product. It's a liquid that contains enzymes that will destroy the scent of urine or feces. It's the only thing I've found that took the cat pee smell out of the carpet when my Elvis was old and incontinent.

    It works for cat puke too. Oh, and for perhaps future reference, it is also great for taking the smell of child puke out of upholstery. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap

    and pee

    (dude, that sucks)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:43 PM

    Oh crap. We're going to be bringing a wee kitty home in the next few weeks. Please don't let it poop on the bed!

    ReplyDelete