Monday, June 30, 2008

Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight


I know I promised you guys some cute Camp stories, and they're eventually going to get written, but I've been in some kind of blog rut for over a week now. I have no idea what's up with me. I'm happy enough, really. Husband's fine, pets are good. Job's going well. But I just feel sort of dull and uninspired lately. I'll promise myself that tonight's the night that I'm going to write something good, something meaningful or funny, but then I get home and the house is covered in dog hair and must be swept. Or I fall asleep in front of the TV at like 9:45 PM because I am OLD, y'all. OLD.

I've been getting twitchy almost-ideas for stories lately, which hasn't happened in a long time, but I'm so out of practice that I'm having trouble snagging them and putting words on a page. It's frustrating because I used to be able to practically draw fiction out of the air. Now I'm getting snatches of stuff, but nothing substantial. Suckage.

Then on Sunday there was a semi-big drama on my beloved message board, and even though it's all worked out now, there were some things said that left me feeling really hurt and crappy. That stuff's getting cleared up now, but I'm still a bit mopey and drained.

And yet, my stats this last week or so have been crazy (For me, anyway...don't laugh!). Who are all of you people and where are you coming from?

No, scratch that...only tell me if you want to. But in the meantime, would you maybe consider delurking and helping me get out of this funk? Pretty please? Ask me anything, anything you want. I need some material, people!

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it dreadful to get old?! (I feel it too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:01 PM

    try some free flow stream of conciousness(privately) to get your juices flowing!
    Delurked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What message board? (Does that count as a question?)

    If not, then what is your most favorite place to eat when you are STARVING?

    ReplyDelete
  4. **HUGS**

    Here's my question: Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

    And some disturbing questions that come in the wake of the first: Does anyone actually keep their chewing gum on the bedpost overnight and then try to chew it the next day? EWWW! That's crazy! What if a fly pooped on it?

    Um, hopefully now you're laughing at my crazy and a little bit more cheerful . . . or else you're busy blocking me from your blog for being a dumbass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BNL Shoutout!

    What I've started doing is just launching in to old stories with no bearing on the present. No segue, just "So this one time in art class."

    Because nothing is going on here either.

    ReplyDelete