Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Do tell


Because I have no goddamn sense, I went through the drive-thru at Long John Silver's on my way back from yoga class. MB wanted this la-ti-da tilapia platter with corn and rice, and I wanted plain old thigh-fluffing fried fish. I placed my order and pulled around, and the girl at the register absolutely slammed the sliding window open. I was slightly alarmed, but she didn't seem pissy, just enthusiastic about opening the window. She confirmed a few things about my order, and I settled in for the promised 5 minute wait for MB's tilapia.

Then, she was back. I looked up as the window banged open again. "Complications have developed," she announced gravely. "We're out of rice." And that just may be the best line I've heard all week.

2 comments:

  1. "thigh-fluffing" is probably the best phrase i've heard all week. if you don't mind, i'm going to use it when H asks me where the heck all the halloween candy went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be of service ;)

    ReplyDelete