Meg at Vintage Flapper to the Rescue bestowed this upon me, and I am thrilled to get an award from such an all-around rad chick. If you haven't checked out Meg's blog, you should. Her posts about gardening, living sustainably, her in-the-planning-phase move to Alaska, and her fabulous dogs are always great reads!
The award "acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day." This is probably the only time I'll ever get an award that involves the word "values," so I'm running with it! ;)
The rules to follow are:
1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person that has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2) Pass the award to another 15 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment.
Since the award description is a little vague, I am going to choose bloggers who I think display a real passion in their lives, work, and writing, whether it's a passion for a cause, a passion for a hobby, or just a passion for life.
1. Kerri Anne, who shares my passion for green causes and reality TV (and has a thing for itinerant felt moustaches). And she's a great writer.
2. Jenn at Breed 'em and Weep, who is bravely soldiering on with humor and honesty in the face of what has been a very hard year.
3. Momo Fali, who is smart, funny, and writes things like this.
4. Tasmiya, who claims to be no one of consequence, but always manages to write with substance.
5. The Cheese Fairy, who writes realistically (and often hilariously) about stay-at-home mothering her adorable boys and who experienced the best Christmas photo shoot ever.
6. Julie at S'up?, for her beautiful, understated photos.
7. Alison at Party of 3, whose blog about raising her two girls as a single mom is sweet, funny, and real.
8. Maggie at Okay. Fine. Dammit. She is an amazing writer, and has just launched Violence Unsilenced, a blog that provides a voice for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
9. Jocelyn Johnson, a writer who often tells her stories using photos of her lovely family, especially her little son William.
10. My friend K, who is chronicling life as an American in Kathmandu.
11. My homie evilducky, whose passion for baking and feeding her friends has blossomed in recent years.
12. Dawn at Baleful Regards, who parents, writes, and works toward her PhD, while sometimes wearing obscenely kickass shoes.
13. Chris at A Free Man, who has a thing for great music and great writing. Cute kid, too.
14. Martina of FreshMD: doctor, mother, fab writer.
15. Shreve Stockton at The Daily Coyote. Her passion is inspiring.
(A double Coraline review is up at the book blog if anyone is interested. You also have until tomorrow morning to leave a comment for a chance to win a book!)
Reading: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
Playing: the Decemberists