Saturday, February 28, 2009

This is not my best day ever


So far, MB has discovered that somebody slashed two of his tires in the night. Apparently a few cars in the neighborhood were hit. He discovered this on his way to teach the final for his class, and I had left my phone at my parents' last night, so I woke up at 7:13 to the doorbell ringing. It was my dad, who was dropping off the phone and heading to take MB to school. There was a bunch of back-and-forth about whether or not I needed to go wait with the car until the tow truck arrived, and in the end I didn't.

I waited about an hour and a half and called the shop to see if they could tell me the cause of the flats before I called and filed a police report, then Indy and I went out on a few errands. I was determined not to let the events of the morning ruin the whole day. MB wanted to go ahead and have the oil changed while the car was there, so I called to see if I could use a coupon that I found at the house. The guy I'd already talked to at least three times said, "Oh, I gave you a free oil change. That's how I roll."

Hoping this was a sign that the day was on its way to improving, I headed off for the next stop. Indy and I went to Rural King and found the stuff I needed to start some seeds. Then we went to his favorite pet store, where he met a little girl named Caroline and kissed her gently on the nose. He met several people who wanted to scratch his ears, and we met a huge and very polite mastiff. Except that after a good few minutes of friendly sniffing, Indy growled at her. I have no idea what was going on, and he has never done that before. I desperately do not want to be the owner of That Dog, so I apologized and yanked him out the door. I was so embarrassed.

Once we got home, I decided to be mature about it and let Indy earn back the treat I'd bought him and then he lost when he acted up. He got so excited that when I asked him to give me a high five, he punched me right in the lip with his honking huge paw. And it's not even noon yet, for Christ's sake. I'm almost afraid to go back outside again.

No comments:

Post a Comment