Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I would like the record to show


That at 33 weeks and 6 days pregnant, I can still do tree pose, triangle pose, balancing stick, half moon, and standing bow (though my leg doesn't go quite that high anymore...just as high as the back of my head now) at yoga class. I wasn't sure I'd make it this far and still be able to go to class, so I'm pretty pleased.

The baby is still treating me nicely. For the past week or so he has had the hiccups every evening, which is just about the cutest thing ever. He also dropped this week, to the point where I had to fasten my bra on the smallest hook row again today, after months of not being able to do so. I was so used to my belly the way it was, it's kind of weird to see it noticeably lower and in a different shape. Today I was talking to a visitor at work and she asked me when I was due. When I told her, she eyed my belly and said, "I doubt it, with him that low?" Perhaps Julia is right and I'll end up with a December baby after all. We shall see!

My due date is only six weeks away, and I'm having moments of semi-panic. I'm so happy and generally comfortable and genuinely enjoying being pregnant that realizing how close we are to the baby being on the outside is kind of unnerving. We took our tour at the hospital at last night's childbirth class, and when we stopped by the nursery there were two tiny newborns swaddled and lying in the little clear plastic cribs. And oh, my heart was full. Someday soon, we will actually have a little swaddled wrinkly person of our own. I hope I'll be a good mother, because so far he has been a really good baby.




Also, the naturalist group I volunteer with threw us a shower on Sunday. We got several very nice gifts, but I had to share this one:



No comments:

Post a Comment